The basics of BB Cream
BB Cream- What is that
Blemish balm or beauty balm, you can call it whatever you want. There is a new product in the face beat town! This make-up miracle worker is a hybrid of a beauty balm or skincare with SPF and pigment properties to give your skin all that it needs to achieve a subtle and natural look. It is the ultimate multitasking product that will even out your skin’s complexion, hydrate, and protect it too.
How to get the most out of your BB Cream
Days are not the same when it comes to face beat. Whether you’re a beauty boffin or a beginner, you are bound to want the easy way to rock a natural look, in less time, with the same long-lasting effect. If you didn’t know, now you know that BB Cream is make-up that has skincare benefits.
How to use your BB Cream
There are different ways you can apply your BB cream and it’s important to know when to apply it. Here are the different ways you can use it:
With your fingers:
- Apply it with your fingers- Apply a small amount at on the back of your hand and dab the cream onto your face in equal portions.
- Apply 5 dots to your face- Apply it in dots on your forehead, cheeks, chin, and nose. The cream should be used equally and sparsely, with thin applications on the face.
- Pat the cream into your skin- Using your index and middle fingers, pat the cream in. You can rub the cream into your skin in a circular motion and tap your fingers up and down as you rub, to lessen contact with your skin for the entire motion. Using light and gentle pressure to apply the cream evenly prevents skin irritation. Top Tip- When you apply the cream, start with the forehead, and work your way down toward each cheek from the middle. Thereafter, you can move onto your nose, chin, and then finish off with your cheeks.
- Gently blend it in an outward motion- You can alternatively blend in the cream with your middle and index fingertips using outward strokes. Top Tip- You can pat some cream around your eyes and to also cover any imperfections.
With a make-up brush:
- Firstly, put a puddle of BB cream in the palm of your hand and with the tip of your middle finger, apply 5 dots of the cream onto your face.
- Using your make-up brush, you can gently blend in the cream evenly.
- Remember, a brushstroke will be softer than using your fingers so you should apply a little pressure to even the cream out.
With a sponge:
- If you have oily skin, this form of application is ideal.
- Firstly, spritz a facial mist to the sponge before using it to apply your BB cream. This allows you to spread the cream smoothly and keep as much of it on your face as possible.
- Put the cream into the middle of your hand and then dab it onto your face, evenly so.
- Dab the sponge onto the puddle of the BB Cream and pat it onto your face while making it “jiggle” slightly, to even the cream out.
With a BB Cream Stick:
- A cream stick is convenient as you can dab it directly onto your skin and either use a brush, your fingers, or a sponge to even it out- depending on your skin type.
- Our Avroy Shlain Color Fun BB Cream stick is great as it has all the good properties that a BB Cream would have.
Best times to go for BB Cream
You can never go wrong with a BB cream in your make-up bag or handbag, as it fits for any day and occasion where you aren’t trying to wear heavy make-up. Here are the best times to wear BB cream:
- When you travel
- Running errands
- When you’re in a rush
- When you plan to snap a lot of selfies
- Going to the beach
- When you have breakouts
- When you want to rock a natural/ no make-up look
BB Cream skincare benefits
BB cream can be considered an all-purpose make-up as it can also be used in different ways, when blended with other make-up products, depending on what your face beat plan is. The beauty of bb cream comes in the natural finish it gives you, every time you apply it. Let’s have a look at some of the benefits of this product:
- Acts like a primer
- Evens out your complexion
- Covers small imperfections and redness- much like a concealer
- Hydrates your skin like the day cream
- Contains SPF
- Has anti-aging ingredients
- Available for different skin types- oily, dry, or mature skin
- Allows you to skip the steps of layering your skin with make-up
Jump onto the BB Cream bandwagon
If you haven’t tried BB Cream, now is the time! It’s not only great for those no make-up days but also for those days when you want to rock a minimal look. If you’re worried about how this addition to your make-up routine is going to cost you, then worry not because it is affordable. For a low maintenance product that will leave your skin looking healthy- jump onto the BB Cream bandwagon!